Literary Corner Cafe

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Never Will Order From Amazon Again

What is amazon.com thinking? I have Amazon Prime, and my packages have always been sent two-day UPS. Never any problems. If I wasn't home, the UPS driver left the packages inside the first door or in the back, on the patio.

Well, last night I WAS HOME, for goodness sake, when the UPS driver came, but this morning I found a sticker on my door saying UPS had attempted delivery, but did not leave the package because "The Sender Requested a Signature." The instructions say that I can't even sign the slip of paper and leave it on the door. I can't authorize a neighbor to accept delivery.

Well, I think amazon.com is trying to destroy their own business. I know that I'll now order from Barnes and Noble ONLY. A lot of people work full time and can't be home to sign for deliveries. You'd think I ordered a $20,000 diamond ring from Amazon, but it was only a DVD worth about $19 and a $10 book.

WHY is Amazon trying to make it so very, very difficult for its customers? I know I, for one, will NOT be ordering from them again. I live in a very safe community. No one steals packages from our homes. I'm just going to be ordering from Barnes and Noble from now on. Amazon has always had superior customer service, but if they think keeping someone a prisoner in their home just to receive a $19 DVD and a $10 book is customer service, they have truly "jumped the shark."

Barnes and Noble, here I come.

P.S. A P.S. to this story. Amazon "fixed" the problem. They remain a good online store, but Barnes and Noble is great for browsing and they have that wonderful Starbucks section! :)

No comments: